Friday, February 6, 2015

Wake up, Get Moving! (Nicole)

Being home 24-7 is a great thing, but it's also a challenge. I've been home now for 5 years now. No workforce since March 2010, the year I gave my birth to my firstborn. The first year was mainly dedicated to taking care of my daughter, and as she grew my days changed according to her really. I can't remember many details, but the one thing I do know is that I didn't have many things to worry about outside of just daughter, and house. Since that time, we've welcomed a baby boy into our lives, moved 3 or 4 times, and my role is still the same, but a little more of a juggling act now. My son is 1 1/2 years old, and baby girl will be turning 5 soon, and my personal desires to be more active are as strong as ever. I'm learning to wake up, and get moving!

This year is a motivating year, truly motivating. I'm focusing more on personal development. I'm trying to get more fit, read my Bible more, focus on what I'm eating (sort of), and find things to do! I'm scheduling myself, literally penciling myself in! All you stay at home moms know the challenge. We're home, and it's EXTREMELY easy to have the whole day go by, and... NOTHING. The one thing every stay at home person in general needs is a schedule and lots of DISCIPLINE! Discipline, Discipline, Discipline :) :)  :) Be discipline enough to make the laundry schedule and stick to it, be discipline enough to clean certain areas of the house when planned, and also needed, be discipline to cook dinner meals early enough so it's ready for night time. The list is exhaustive, and I've only hit the house. But yes, even personal attention requires discipline. Ladies we have to pencil ourselves in! The time needed to take a walk, or whatever exercise you prefer, the time needed to read a good book, and THE greatest book, God's word. Time to hang out with our little ones, time to enjoy our husbands, time to DO OUR HAIR, and put a little extra time in the mirror. Being a mother is work! lol But I'm enjoying every minute of it!

I've began waking up around 7:30am (which honestly needs to be about an hour earlier), going to the gym, walking on the treadmill, and reading my word! Boy do I look forward to those moments, It's literally 30 minutes, but after that walk, I am refreshed physically, no longer dragging, and joyful after being filled with God's word. I'm smiling just thinking about it. Waking up is the key! There is so much time that "could" be used in the day, my advice is to write down what you actually want to accomplish, and schedule it! :) :) :)

God bless ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment