His everyone it's Alouse again, back with another DIY. This time I'm back with an even more yummy treat :). This past week for my husband's birthday we decided to do something different, instead of purchasing a cake like we always do to celebrate a birthday, we decided instead to make CHOCOLATE BOWLS! who doesn't like chocolate. This was our first attempt at making them and we had sooo much fun. I can honestly say that it was a hit, my husband loved it :)). This inspiration did come from you tube. I will post the link below in case you would like to check out the video. I will also include pictures of how everything came out and the steps to achieving this yummy treat. !ENJOY!
1. Water balloons
2. Dark Chocolate ( any of your choice )
3. Bowl or measuring cup ( glass or metal )
4. Parchment paper
5. Cookie baking sheet
1. Blow and wash your balloons then pat dry
2. Melt chocolate in a bowl that is deep enough to dip the balloon into. you can melt chocolate in either the microwave or on the stove over boiling water medium heat. Before dipping the balloons, make sure to let the chocolate cool down just to room temperature. If it’s not cool enough it will cause the balloon to pop and you can imagine what a big mess that would be.
3. Spoon a dollop of chocolate on the baking tray. This will form the base of your balloon bowl. Dip one of your balloons into the bowl of chocolate, rotating it so that all sides are covered evenly.
Repeat same step for the rest of your balloons.You can also use a spoon to create a design.
4. Place baking tray in the refrigerator for at least 15-20 minutes. Once chocolate is ready, remove tray from the refrigerator and poke the balloons with something sharp then carefully remove balloons from chocolate mold.
5. Fill your bowl up with your favorite ice cream, or just add some strawberries, blue berries, and whip cream. This was the best birthday desert ever!
I hope you enjoyed this post. Feel free to comment and share some of your favorite deserts DIY's.
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_ZyL0FgQQ