Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Chore Chart update (Alouse)

Ok! So it's been about 2 weeks since I've been back home with my family, and I am loving it! I was able to get a chore chart going in order to keep my sanity, I completed a master grocery list in order to make shopping a breeze, and not go over my budget or buy extra things that we didn't need. I'm able to spend more time with my family and friends. In spite of being back home, I still have to get used to our new schedule. I have to be honest, trying to stick to a chore chart can be hard sometimes, especially when you're 5 months pregnant, homeschooling, and starting a business. I do find myself getting upset sometimes when everyone else doesn't follow the chart, but I'm realizing that if I stick to it they will follow suit. Let me give you a scenario of what a good chore day looks like: 7:30am my younger sister knows to unload the dishwasher, 8am, I load the washing machine, 8:30am we eat breakfast, around 9am I load the dryer, with homeschooling taking place between 10am and 1pm. The business day starts at 2pm and ends at 6pm, between 6:30pm and 7:30pm we have dinner, 7:30pm I get my baby girl ready for bed, and at 8pm my sister brooms and mops the floors, while I take care of the master bathroom. So... that's what a good day looks like, I'm not overwhelmed, and I'm able to relax, the last thing to do is fold the clothes, wipe down kitchen counters, and relax! But, this is what a bad day looks like: 7:30am my younger sister wakes up late for school and forgets to unload the dishwasher, so when I wake up I have to make breakfast, unload the dishwasher, then load the washing machine and forget to dry them. SOMETIMES having to wash them again because they were left in there too long, lol This is a confession moment. I'm then trying to get my little girl settled, and ready for school at 10:30am. The business day starts at 2pm and ends at 6pm, between 6:30pm and 7:30pm I'm taking a nap, which means no food is prepared. Because I'm exhausted, come on now, I'm 5 months pregnant. 7:30pm it's time to eat, so by 8:30 I have to ask my husband to get my daughter ready for bed and my sister is sweeping and mopping the floors. And I don't get to my master bathroom, because I'm still laying, and the clothes are still inside the washing machine. It's not until its time to wear a particular outfit, that I realize the clothes are still wet, LOL! I MUST DO BETTER! This week, I plan on being consistent, now actually what I did, I moved the chore chart from the front door to the kitchen, because we're there more often. It's more visible, so hopefully, I can stick to it, and be more consistent.

It's hard, but I know it's worth it. I feel accomplished when we follow the chart because my home is in order. If anyone has any suggestions for what I can do differently, please do not hesitate to comment below, I would love the feed back. 

I'll keep you all posted on the progress! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment